Changing lifestyles and transforming routines have led to a lot of differences in the way in which people lived in the yesteryears and how they live in the current times. While it may be argued that the change in lifestyle has proved to be a positive one for a lot of people, it may also mean that there are some setbacks such as problems with health and the lowering of the human body’s power to fight diseases and allergies. The rise in the levels of health problems and the decrease in human immunity are a few examples of how the life gets affected by changing lifestyles.
Health problems that may arise:
The various issues that may be faced by the people of the modern times may include:
- Allergies: Allergies to pollution, dust, pollen, humidity, excessive heat and other such sources. Problems such as allergic rhinitis are an example of the problems that are caused.
- Colds: The increasing instances of the common cold and cough may also be due to the way in which the immunity power of the people gets compromised.
- Fatigue: Tiring out too soon and the feeling of fatigue all day long may also be due to the way in which modern circumstances compel us to treat the limits of our body.
How you can overcome health issues:
There may be problems such as wheezing and being short of breath which may need medical attention and a cure. It is important to get in touch with the most reliable and experienced medical specialist in such cases so that the problem may not lead to a more serious case. There are other ways of keeping problems at bay such as:
- Ensuring that a track is maintained of the way in which responds in varied conditions. If problems arise only in specific conditions, such incidents should be noted.
- Making sure that a keen eye is kept on changes in the body such as discovering asthma symptoms.
- Avoiding activities that lead to aggravated conditions of health such as being out in dusty places, riding bikes without sufficient protection for the nose and mouth etc.
- Choosing to eat healthy food that may help in building the immune system stronger.
Visiting the best doctors available and ensuring that specialist help is taken.
Almost each one of us has faced some kind of breathing problems in our lives. There are various causes that lead to those problems and a better understanding of those will surely help us in curing them. We all know many simple cures of common breathing problems but sometimes the disease could be something more serious. Having a control on your breath is something that everyone must practice in order to live a better life. It is an action that needs to be taken by us so as to ensure due well being. Moreover, proper techniques of breathing do go a long way in living a good life. Ignoring them could lead to dangerous and life threatening situations which may often be hard to cure. So, taking early steps is important. In order to be able to take early steps, it is important for you to know the causes of these problems. If the cause is clear, devising a treatment may not be hard.
The major causes of breathing problems
- Cold can be the biggest cause of all kinds of breathing problems. Many people tend to suffer from it and a simple cold can lead to major breathing problems in the body.
- People those who suffer from acute sinusitis can also sometimes face problems in breathing and other associated problems. It can lead to problems of breathing for more than one or two weeks until the inflammation subsides.
- Allergies can be one of the prime reasons for trouble in breathing. A lot of people can face such problems due to many types of allergies they have.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease or COPD can also be a huge cause in problems relating to breathing. This may lead to wheezing and other complicated problems.
Cure for breathing problem through inhaler and other relievers:
- Inhalers can be a great source of relief while having trouble in breathing. They help release the congestion in the nasal passage and open the airway giving us the ability to breathe.
- There are always triggers that lead to certain breathing problems and you need to avoid those triggers in the first place.
- You must try to avoid furry pets and washing bed linens during the time you are suffering from such conditions.
- If you make a wheezing noise while sleeping, the best cure can be to using of the nasal clips that will allow you to have a sound sleep.
Different kinds of medications are also very important in curing such breathing problems.
These days one of the most common respiratory disorders is asthma. This disease has been around for last couple of centuries. Asthma is widely spread and can be present in people irrespective of the age or the gender. It is true that asthma is widespread but despite that the experts still need to devise a proper cure for asthma. There are some treatment plans – medications or devices that can reduce the effects of asthma but the matter of the fact is till date there is no definite cure for asthma. So, what really are the advanced treatments of asthma? Let’s take a look!
Corticosteroids has been a popular asthma treatment since the last few decades. This method is popular even today but the method has been enhanced in order to assure better relief to the patients that suffer from asthma. Corticosteroids are anti-inflammatory medications. These help in the reduction of the mucus that may be present in the airways of your lungs. Experts have concluded that the right treatment of asthma can certainly reduce the triggers of asthma.
Another treatment recommended by the specialist for asthma is using the combination of bronchodilator and corticosteroids. The effect of these medications is long lasting and one such medication that is an amalgam of the two is Advair. Advair is a blend of salmeterol and fluticasone. Besides this, other related products that are similar to Advair may soon be out in the market.
Experts are also trying to devise treatment plans that are more user friendly or rather child friendly. For example, using the metered-dose inhalers can definitely be a little tricky and may not be too child friendly. Children might just not be able to hold the canister right. It is because of these problems why auto inhalers shall be used. In the auto inhalers, the breath is automatically activated, thus making it a simple process.
The environment has been one major setback in devising the treatment of asthma. Manufacturers are working hard to come up with products that are safe for environment. Asthma inhalers that you get in the market today are safe for the environment and have no harmful impact on the ozone layer.
Lastly, it is not just the treatment, researchers are also taking steps to restrict the asthma right at the source. Well it may take some time for that to happen. As of now, obtaining the right treatment to lead a normal healthy life should be prioritized.
Read more >> How Can You Live Actively With Asthma?
Damaged respiration is a common problem amongst people of all ages. And this problem can be attributed towards a lot of factors in the environment. There is either rapid respiration which is commonly referred to as hyperventilation or shortness of breath which is dyspnoea. These issues target the lung and swell up the air passages that carry the oxygen.
Dyspnoea is a standard indication of substantial physical exertion but turns out to be compulsive if it transpires in unforeseen circumstances. These breathing problems therefore must be addressed at the earliest and there must be some immediate action plan to counter the same.
When nebulizers were made known to to the world in the period of the 1930s, this was precisely the boon individuals with lung ailments, like asthma, had longed for. This indicated they were in the support of an easy method of inhaling the medication required to ease and cure their illness. Nebulizers were undoubtedly valued and appreciated, but you couldn’t adjust one in your pocket and carry it with you to office or school. So in order to come up with a better source, an inhaler was introduced and it immediately grew into becoming the topmost alternative for those who looked for respiratory medication.
Things that trigger breathlessness – These conditions have quite a few effects like chest tightness and air hunger (which is the sensation that we are lacking enough of oxygen). However what are the factors that trigger such activity in human beings? In 85% of cases it is a result of some allergic or genetic causes which lead to diseases such as asthma, pneumonia, cardiac ischemia, interstitial lung disease, congestive heart failure and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. If not this then other cases of breathlessness are due to psychogenic causes, such as panic disorder and anxiety. Depending upon each of these individual causes, the level of intensity of the discomfort varies as well.
Positions to reduce breathlessness – It might not be common knowledge but there a couple of positions which can either calm down or reduce shortness of breath. These positions are ready to lend a hand when you are a victim of breathlessness in the course of rigorous activity, emotional stress, contact to adversarial weather conditions or when you feel anxious and require unwinding. While sitting, rest your feet flat and lean your chest a little bit; while standing, stand with your feet and shoulder width apart and lean your hips against a wall; and lastly while sleeping, lay down laterally with a pillow sandwiched between your legs and your head raised with pillows.
Diagnoses for breathlessness – Your healthcare provider can pick up a lot regarding your situation by taking note of your description of the condition, and by enquiring about any extra signs or indications you may possess. The doctor can moreover absorb a lot by listening to your heart and lungs with a stethoscope, and also by looking at your legs if they have swollen. There will be a couple of blood tests done in order to determine if you have either anaemia or pneumonia or any other sort of ailment. Once the disease is detected, the medications will begin immediately and the condition of breathlessness will be eliminated very soon.
COPD or the chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is an umbrella term that is characterized by the emphysema, asthma and chronic bronchitis leading to limitation in the airflow. Known to be irreversible, the airflow limitation generally happens to be progressive and is associated with an abnormal inflammation of the airways.
In lay man language, COPD is a condition when the flow of the air is irreversibly obstructed during the inhaling as well as the exhaling of the air and the sufferer may never be able to return to their normal state. The airway often gets constricted when one tries to exhale. As a result, this may trap the air in the lungs thereby making it difficult to breathe.
Causes of COPD and associated respiratory problems
Cigarette smoking is definitely one of the biggest causes of COPD and other respiratory problems. The other causes of COPD include dusts, pollution, chemicals, smoke, passive smoke exposure. Since COPD is progressive in nature, it may often take years before someone actually feels breathlessness. Sometimes, people suffering from COPD tend to develop a chronic cough. This is further characterized by the production of more and more throat secretions (phlegm) before they undergo any form of obstruction in the airways. A disease like COPD tends to manifest directly from one person to another. So, it is important for you to stay away from the person who is persistently coughing or sneezing so as to avoid the effects of COPD to transfer to you.
Treatment of COPD suggested by asthma specialist
- At present, there are several treatment options suggested by asthma specialist for those suffering from COPD. You can find several new age drugs and medications that have been designed to treat the symptoms of COPD.
- Besides, COPD is also a multi-disciplinary disease. Different respiratory therapists, occupational therapists, behaviorists, Physical therapists, psychologists, nutritionist, etc. work together so as to attain a better quality of life.
- Avoiding smoking and other forms of tobacco can also be another treatment of COPD.
- Next treatment of COPD could be using a short acting bronchodilator. Such medications tend to dilute and further widen the obstructed airways thereby allowing easy flow of air. Such medications tend to last anywhere between four to six hours.
- Addition of drugs as well as inhaled steroids is the next level of treatment that can be used for the treatment of COPD.
Use these suggested treatment and you can definitely subside the effects of COPD.
As the pollution levels in our environment keeps rising, it leads to various respiratory diseases that then become severe. Enough measures are not taken to curb the growing pollution levels and this can surely become a cause of worry in the near future. It is noticed that even young people are suffering from breathing problems that can be easily avoided by proper implementation of rules in our society. Some of the major diseases that are caused due to the deteriorating levels of pollution include allergic cough and asthma. There are various cures that you can quickly get for these diseases or else if they get chronic, it is really difficult to curb them.
Allergic cough is largely associated with allergies that pre-exist in your body. Mostly, when you suffer from cough due to various allergies, the problem is known as allergic cough. These are airborne allergies that you can try and avoid as far as possible but sometimes it is just not in your control to prevent them. But the best you can do to avoid it is to try and be away from allergens such as pollens, dust, and smoke among others. The breathing tract may be filled with mucus or other watery substances that may block the passage and further cause more breathing problems. Sometimes, there can be severe effects of allergic cough which then leads to infections, viral fever or common cold. Even asthma can trigger allergic cough due to the pollutants in the air. If you are suffering from chest congestion, runny nose and perennial cough, chances are that you have an allergic cough. The best treatment for allergic cough is to have anti- biotics that are proven to discard the allergic effect and provide you relief.
As for asthma, more number of people is now getting the disease. We’ll look into some asthma treatment that can provide you relief. For a handy option, you must always keep an inhaler with you with proper medicines like the Qvar or Flixotide. But some people have noticed minor side effects by the usage of drugs for their treatment. Before you continue with your medication, you must make sure that you are all good with them and there are no major side effects. If you feel that drugs are harming you in some other way then it is best to go for natural and herbal cures for asthma. Whenever you feel like you are having an asthma attack, have a reliever or inhaler with you which can aid you in a better way.
Read more >> How to keep your asthmatic child safe at school